Friday 26 September 2008

it's Spring

For some reason there are birds that chirp all night long in our perfect tree outback. I get up at midnight to let Maddie out and there they are. I get up at 3 am and yep, still twittering away. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for birdies singing their little hearts out but come on, 3 am!? Must be global warming or the poles reversing. Something is going on and I mid-as-well get in on it.

So I bought $65 worth of plants last weekend and have been working on getting them into the ground all week. So far, the three pumpkin plants are in, so is the dill, four citronella plants (ones gone missing already-I'm blaming Maddie), oregano, sage and wisteria are all in.
The eggplant, tomatoes, basil, Meyer lemon, galangal, chamomile, squash, zucchini, and a couple plants forgotten what are, still sit scattered around the property. Tomorrow, the day starts early with a trip to the markets for cut flowers, a Kaffir lime and a bunch of rosemary plants. Then it's off to puppy school with our growing terrorist, and then to Bunnnings, to buy a little spade, some garden and potting soil and some blood and bone. All this before noon when it's time for a four year olds Princess (read costume) birthday party. Fun times.

Our lawn went a bit feral and Mick got the mower going yesterday, I think he started daydreaming, cause I came home to discover two of my three ginger plants now are little stumps. I'm going to have to tie bright orange safety tape to them and everything else I plant outside the apricot brick beds. silly boys!

No comments: